Well, after much begging we got to play in our most favorite places in the world. THE SOCK DRAWER!!!!! Jen has all kinds of bitchen socks we just had to play with them all. Bernardo has the best pair, the ones she wears on Halloween. She sometimes wears them in yoga too, but just when its cold.
Posted by jen721 at 11:44 AM
Wait..... Things look a little different around here.... What is going on? Have aliens taken over? We know the minkees are gay, but we just thought happy, right? No seriously, what is going on?!?
Hello Gandhi. This little number is inspired by a Sari. It is hard to make it look right on a tiny minkee though, not enough places to wrap.....
We call this little number pious minkee. Check out the intricate crochet neck work. Move over Pope, we have someone new in charge! I'm going to throw out those 10 commandments and put some minkee rules in place!
We are taking three questions this week for our Sunday Special Segment Series of Ask a Monkey.
The first comes from Therese: Who do you think will win the next Food Network star?
Guillermo - Chef Cory, duh! Hey Cory...... Remember me.....
Brian - Anybody but Lisa, she drives me nuts.
Jen - Lisa. I think she has what it takes, but needs to take it down a notch.
Shannon asks: Boxers or Briefs?
Collective answer: We prefer to run around in nothing but our scarves. However, if we had a choice, boxers. It would be easier on our doodles/tails.
And last, but certainly not least, comes from Kandace: What is your biggest fear?
Guillermo: Getting lost in the jungle with noone to help me find my way home..... or get out of the tree.....
Day three of our movie recreations. Today we focused on James Bond films. If you haven't done so already, be sure to check out parts 1 & 2 from the past two days.
Well, Thank you Lori for nominating us for an award. We hope you had a nice vacation!
1. Put the logo on your blog. Check
2. Add a link to the person who awarded it to you. Check
3. Nominate at least 7 other blogs. Check x7
4. Add links to these blogs on your blog. Check
5. Leave a message for your nominee on their blog. Working on it...
I am rockin' it with my Mohawk. That's right ladies and gents, this is no fauxhawk, its a full blown Mohawk! Brian keeps saying I look like Buster Pointdexter, whoever that is. I just know I look awesome!
As a special request from Candid Carrie, we donned our wigs and put on our cowboy hats. (Odd how these things are just lying around this place.) While looking at this lovely photo of us, think about these lyrics: "Stand by your minkee"
Sorry to say we don't have cowboy boots, but you get the gist. Maybe we can pick up a Vegas show....
Question #1 is in reference to the carpet nightmares posts.
I know that when a carpet gets sick you call The Rug Doctor, but how does the carpet get laid?
What is your favorite movie? And if you say planet of the apes, I will be upset.
Question #3 is in reference to our recent field trip to Egypt.
What did you guys do to the rest of the Pharaoh?
***Update at 9:15 AM***
Carrie decided to ask a few more questions and due to the nature of one of them, we decided to address them now. They are all collective answers.
* What are you minkees stuffed with ... is it organic or synthetic?
We are stuffed with fiberfill, farts and love. A little organic and a little synthetic.
* Do the minkees sleep in a certain place at night or do they just get left laying where ever they were perched last?
We sleep in our executive suites at night, aka the headboard.
* What kind of camera do Jen and Brian (if that is your real name) use?
Canon PowerShot SD10. Has anyone ever heard of it? Probably not. It is seven years old and still as good as most on the market. We loves it.
* Does Brian even have a job? We know Jen721 works for hard as a teacher, making a difference, one thirteen year old at a time. All we know is that Brian has a goatee, collects guitars, won't let us see his unders, and he does yoga dance. The public deserves more.
This Question is the reason for our update... Brian has a job, he's also a teacher. He does have a goatee. The guitars, well he used to be in a band. His unders are his to share with the world if he chooses, his socks however have been donned on many a minkee head.
As for the Yoga, he does Ashtanga yoga, not yoga dance. I don't even think that exists, who knows. Ashtanga is a flowing type of yoga with poses done in a certain series and way. It's not for beginners. All those really hard yet cool poses you see people doing, comes from there. It is easier for Brian in the regards to upper body strength. Jen is more flexible. We are the perfect Yin & Yang when it comes to yoga.
Carrie also had a photo request. Once the minkees are out of their executive suites and presentable to the world there will be a photo shoot. Look for it later today. Doowop Twins Pt. 2
If you missed out earlier in the week, make sure to check out the Doowop Twins!
You spin the yarn on that little thing. There is a little crank off to the side. Bernardo was quite helpful, he even spun a whole ball all by himself. Kiss ass!
He was so proud of himself that he posed for this little photo. He thinks he's the bee's knees but I know the truth. He's just your everyday cheeky minkee just like me.
We recently had to relocate all of the items in the apartment in order to get new carpet. It was pretty hard for us to carry, we are tiny, but we helped out and ordered Jen and Brian around while they took care of all of the moving. Slowly, but surely, the apartment is coming back together with a few changes. Today, Jen brought in all of the guitars. There is an electric one, a classical one, a Tachamini (which rocks) and a bass. We decided to give her a break for a bit and do some playing. We are thinking about forming a band.....
Posted by jen721 at 2:29 PM
Over the weekend, we had a sleepover. We decided to provide some fun and entertainment, so we donned some yarn wigs, and sang our little heart out. We sang some classics like It's My Party and I'll Cry if I want to, Sherie Baby, etc. It was a lot of fun, I think we were a hit with all. We are even thinking about taking our act on the road. We'll have to see. By the way, you can't see it, but G-Mo is wearing a pair of heels too. He was struttin' his stuff like it was going out of style. He also seemed a bit too comfy with that yarn wig. I think he's done this before, it seemed so natural. He is such a weird little monkey.
- What does Jen do for a living? Middle School Teacher & avid blogger
- How did Bernardo come to stay with us? He was a present for the infamous nephew and got to attached and decided to stay.
- Who is Guillermo’s favorite character on Lost? Kate, of course!
- What animal & it’s name did Guillermo and Bernardo meet on one of their field trips? Foster the Dog
- What food did Bernardo eat that made him get sick? Jackfruit
- What food did Guillermo eat that made him get sick? Saurkraut, Deviled Eggs, Hot German Potato Salad, Corn Beef and Cabbage (only need 1 correct)
- What holiday did Guillermo overindulge on drinking and got sick? St. Patty's Day. He even passed out wearing his cape and evil overlord ears.
- What laundry item do the boyz like to wear on their heads? Socks
- Name the 2 books the boyz have been caught reading? Bunny Big and Bunny Small & The return of Bunny Suicides. (also accepted Walt Disney)
- Name Guillermo’s favorite chef on Hell’s Kitchen. Chef Cory, MEOW!!!
- What grew when Bernardo and Guillermo planted Jelly Beans? Gummy Worm Tree
- What do the monkeys call their weekly baths? Suds and Bubbles
- What date and post do you get to see the rare glimpse of Jen as an Andy Warhol photo? 5/19/08 ~ Tag We're It!
- On that same post, what famous person did Jen sing with AND what did he smell like? Kenny Rogers smelled like Chicken
- Name the super heroes both Bernardo & Guillermo portray. AND Who is the villain? B-Man ~ Captain Coconauts; G-Mo ~ Captain Bananas; and The Evil Overlord
When Guillermo dances, He dances like He's at burning man (also accepted: MC Hammer. He does both)!
Hey Cory, I got dressed up for you... Do you need help in the kitchen? I am a good little chef..... I know there are strict rules about primates in the kitchen, but you could make an exception for me.... Cory, please. I am a very helpful minkee!!!
Dear B & G: Will you ever forgive Jen for not giving you any thumbs?
Jane @ Kidzarama said...
Have you ever wanted to visit Australia?
Dear Minkees: We know that you fart, but do you poop?
Guillermo: Well, usually it's just a fart. When I am playing around a bit too much and push too hard, I have had the occasional Shart.
Candid Carrie said...
Here's a question, how did you manage to get out of the house?
Mama Dawg said...
I want to know what kind of topping you little monkeys like on your pizza.
Since you are here on a field trip today we've decided to have a scavenger hunt to boot. Two winners will be chosen at random. Contest will run until
a) $10.00 Starbucks gift card
b) $10.00 Target gift card
c) 2 monkey key toppers in your choice of pink, purple, blue or grey
d) knit lamb
e) knit octopus
f) Choice of 1 of the necklaces seen here.
And your favorite monkey photo from the site autographed by both Guillermo and Bernardo. You indicate the post photo, and that's it. (The knit animals will take approx. a week.)Without further ado, here are the questions for today’s festivities, all found somewhere on this blog. Once you find the answers, e-mail them to me at: email@example.com AND post a comment below. Answers will only be accepted once.
Oops, almost forgot! There are also two ways to get a bonus entry.
Ready, set, go:
- What does Jen do for a living?
- How did Bernardo come to stay with us?
- Who is Guillermo’s favorite character on Lost?
- What animal & it’s name did Guillermo and Bernardo meet on one of their field trips?
- What food did Bernardo eat that made him get sick?
- What food did Guillermo eat that made him get sick?
- What holiday did Guillermo overindulge on drinking and got sick?
- What laundry item do the boyz like to wear on their heads?
- Name the 2 books the boyz have been caught reading?
- Name Guillermo’s favorite chef on Hell’s Kitchen.
- What grew when Bernardo and Guillermo planted Jelly Beans?
- What do the monkeys call their weekly baths?
- What date and post do you get to see the rare glimpse of Jen as an Andy Warhol photo?
- On that same post, what famous person did Jen sing with AND what did he smell like?
- Name the super heroes both Bernardo & Guillermo portray. AND Who is the villain?
When Guillermo dances, He dances like _______________!We will take entries until
Winners will be chosen at random and will be contacted via e-mail when you can choose your prize. Questions and answers will be revealed Monday morning as well as the winners.
This is one of my favorite fotos of all time because this time, my husband got me. If you have ever read this blog before you know that my husband likes to put my two little minkees into all sorts of funny places/poses/etc. Well, this day he got me. I went downstairs to make breakfast, and came up and couldn't find the monkeys. I saw this on the couch, but didn't put two and two together.
I looked everywhere! Out on the sun porch, In the bedroom, bathroom, under the bed, in my beads, in the yarn basket, behind the fish tank, In the sock drawer, On the computer desk, In Brian's sock drawer, closet, in the cabinet, BEHIND the pillows, everywhere! I even had to go find Brian and ask him where they were, and I couldn't find him either. I then went back into the living room and discovered where they were. Inside the pillow cases. I then laughed so hard at myself I had tears rolling down my face. Yes ladies and gentlemen I laughed so hard I cried. When the hubby came upstairs he figured I was having some female emotional issue and didn't ask me about it. In fact, his reading this later today will be his first experience with the whole story and I am expecting a "dumb ass" comment to follow. What, I think I hear him coming.....
Bernardo went all Kung Fu minkee on that thing. I thought he was going to break it. That's right newbie, you don't want to stay around here, got it!
After our workout, I decided to use it as my karaoke microphone. I sang all of my favorite songs. I don't know why Jen and Bernardo left. Their loss. 'I'm not a girl, just a monkey...' I love that Britney Spears. What ever happened to her? Who knows, I just love singing her songs. 'Oops I farted again, its burning your eyes, I'll go it again.....'
Hey Jen, what is this thing going to be? A girl, did you say a girl! OMG, I am so sorry. I just beat up a girl! Maybe if I primp myself up and take an extra suds and bubbles, do you think she'll like me?! What, we're not keeping her? But I want a girlfriend. No, there won't be any baby knit monkeys running around. I'm not anatomically correct, you should know you made me! Yes I am mature enough to handle it. FINE, mail her off, I'm saving myself for Cory anyway! 'Don't you wish your monkey was hot like me, don't you wish your monkey was a freak like me, Don'tcha......'